Friday, October 28, 2011

I'll be right Bek

Philip and I make that cheesy comment all the time...his sister's name is Bek and y'all should know this super-cool gal.

And here's your chance! Bek is a very strong woman and deserves independence. Here's a note from her:

My name is Bek Soen and this is a part of my story. For those of you who don't know, I was born with a genetic nerve disease called Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT). CMT affects my hands and feet from a young age. I have now been using a wheelchair full time from the age of 17. I have never driven on my own and have had to depend on many family and friends to transport me everywhere.

Right now I cannot even live away from home or take myself to work. My brother drives me to and from every day. I am now in the process of taking specialized lessons and hopefully getting a specialized vehicle by the beginning of the year. The unfortunate piece of this is that these things are extremely expensive. I have been able to get some help from the government (for the lessons which are 5k alone), our state is in poor condition and not able to offer much more help. I have also been saving as much of my own money as I can.

This is where you can help!!!! I am asking for you to tell my story to your friends and family and join in the mission of independence. Can you donate $5, $10, $20, $100 or more dollars to help me fund my car? Can you share my story with your friends through facebook, email, twitter or more? I need your help as an adapted car is very expensive! I know forwarding emails is not our favorite but I'm asking that you do that with this email or at least share a link to the chipin website.

http://bekstir2drive.chipin.com/accessible-vehicle Donate at this link!You can donate here through your pay pay account which is safe~!!! To hear more about my story, send me an email at bek.soen@gmail.com or call me at 630-967-4628!! I love talking with anyone and everyone about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment