Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm too stupid for that game


Philip isn’t a tennis player. He’s been a great sport, though, as I’ve had Wibledon- and Andy Murray-fever. He even knows a few names in Men’s Tennis now, like Federer, del Potro & Djokovic.

This morning during the match between Federer and del Potro, I tried to explain the scoring system so that Philip would understand why the third set seemed to be never ending. He wanted to understand – really, he did. And he caught a lot but…

Later I pondered, “I wonder how they decide who receives the Bronze medal in tennis?” Philip pleaded, “When you find out, please don’t try to explain it to me. I love you - and I don’t mean in the sense that tennis uses Love - but I’m too stupid for that game.”

Philip is about as far from stupid as you can get. However, I didn’t tell him when I found out that there is simply a consolation match between the semi-final losers for the Bronze medal. J

No comments:

Post a Comment