Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's bang-bang

Our New Year's bang-bang was not so fun. I had put Anastasia down around 7:30. Philip and I watched 3 episodes of Numb3rs - the last two of Season 3 and the first of Season 4. And if you're a Numb3rs fan, you will understand why we had to immediately watch the next episode. I literally sprang up out of my seat at the end of Season 3 finale!

Anyway, getting back to New Year's itself. Philip and I had gotten to bed just before midnight. Then I woke up to lots of quickly successive loud bangs. Now, folks had been shooting fireworks for the 2-3 hours before midnight and we knew what those were sounding like. These midnight bangs were gunshots. We've heard gunshots here before - that was no surprise.

What made last night's different is that it went on for so long, it woke my sweet baby girl up. I got Anastasia out of bed, but it was still about 10/15 mins before the shots ceased. And when the shots did finally subside, it took me a while to get Anastasia back to bed. :(

So, our New Year wasn't the best. But thankfully, I have wonderful and tremendously helpful parents. Daddy happened to be on his way here when I talked to Mama at 8:30. She offered that they take Anastasia for the weekend to give us a break.

And here's Anastasia's ringing...this was on Christmas Day. But I'll take these bang-bangs over the ones we had last night any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment