Thursday, April 29, 2010

McDonald's or Burger King?


Recent survey reveals that one out of one McDonald's employees prefers Burger King's double cheeseburger to McDonald's.

On Monday, I wanted a quick meal and went through the McDonald's drive thru to get a double cheeseburger. (Yes, after 10 years as a vegetarian, I'm now loving hamburgers again!!) I asked through the speaker if the double cheeseburgers were still a dollar. The friendly girl on the other side of the speaker said, no, but the McDouble was.

As way of education on the McDonald's menu - a McDouble is two pieces of meat and only one piece of cheese. The double cheeseburger has two pieces of meat and two pieces of cheese. And as way of personal experience, the second piece of cheese makes a big difference.

I ordered the McDouble and when I pulled around to the first window to pay, the same friendly girl informed me that Burger King's double cheeseburger was better! Whoa, a McDonald's employee recommending Burger King...while in uniform. And they are still $1, she added.

So, upon intentional and comprehensive deliberation, Philip and I have decided to go to Burger King today for their cheaper, better double cheeseburger.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I didn't know that McDonalds changed out their double cheeseburger to this so-called "Mcdouble." I agree with you about the second piece of cheese making all the difference. Why would you want so much meat without the cheese to balance it out? I see this as an epic downfall to mcdonalds everywhere. The best thing they had for a dollar was the double cheeseburger.

    How did you like the burger king burger? I've never tried theirs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily- that is too funny! I am blown away at how big your angel has gotten! She is absolutly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete