Monday, August 29, 2011

Ice Ceam

No, I didn't leave out the "r" in cream. That's the way Anastasia says ice cream, so it's spelled correctly.

Tonight was Anastasia's first minor league baseball game. The Mississippi Braves were playing...well...I think it was Birmingham. I sat down all of 5 mins, but Anastasia had a blast. Our friend, Sandi, and Adeline and their friend showed us a great time! They knew the ropes. Anastasia jumped in the bouncy thing, ate a hot dog (after she had pulled it out of the bun), looked wide-eyedly around the store, walked around the entirety of the walk-way and played on the "Berg" (the grassy hill underneath the scoreboard).

We were going to get some ice cream at the park, but Philip and I decided Anastasia was quickly approaching melt down. So we promised her ice cream on the way home. On the walk out to the car and until we pulled into Baskin Robbins, Anastasia was talking about 'ice ceam.' Our favorite was , "I wanna eat ice ceam in my mouf [mouth]."

She handled the soft serve pretty well. I had braced myself for more ice cream on her than in her mouth. But the true test will be when I'm buckling her in her carseat again in several hours here...will the straps bear witness to the late night ice cream goodness?...i think it will be an affirmative.

No comments:

Post a Comment