Sunday, August 22, 2010

the early service

Philip and I are members at Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church in Ridgeland, MS. Pear Orchard has an early morning (8:00 AM) and late morning service (10:30 AM) on Sunday mornings. We started going to the early service a few months ago when it fit Anastasia's nap schedule the best.

I'm now a huge fan of the early service. We get to worship, go to Sunday school, go home, have brunch or an early lunch and by noon have the remainder of the day to rest. By the end of Sunday, I feel like I am ready for the week.

Last weekend, I got to visit my former church in St. Louis, MO, Memorial Presbyterian. They now have a Saturday evening service. That would probably gain my allegiance if I still lived in St. Louis. But for now, we're early-morningers and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment