Monday, August 23, 2010

Mississippi State football

There are plenty of articles to read about Mississippi State football. However, I don't read them. I know that some would elate me, some would infuriate me and some would make me want to attend every football game this season.

I get all the Miss. State information that I want from my Daddy, my brother, John, and my friend, Alison. Between the 3 of them, I can be as well informed as I choose to be. Apparently, Dan Mullen is rather confidently optimistic about the Bulldog's upcoming football season. He's gone from praising our team's effort to praising their execution.

Now, most maroon-bleeding Miss. State fans are, at the most, cautiously optimistic. If we do have a winning season this year, Dan's attitude just may catch on. Of course, I bet that he wants his attitude to catch on before the season starts. I can't blame him - a positive attitude and belief go a long way. Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

If Mullen's change in vocabulary (from effort to execution) is any indication of whether or not the entire team thinks they can, I want season tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment