Saturday, August 21, 2010

Whipped Cream Biscuits


I made biscuits for the first time tonight! I got the urge to try making biscuits a couple of hours ago. The first recipes I looked at called for shortening. I don't keep shortening on hand and don't care to either. Then I ran across a recipe called Whipped Cream Bisciuts, which only called for 4 ingredients!

I don't own a biscuit cutter, so I started texting around. Not only did none of my neighbors have one, but one didn't even know what a biscuit cutter was. I suppose we have Pillsbury to thank for that. So, I drove to our local Family Dollar hoping they would keep them in stock. No luck. Not wanting to forge the Wal-Mart battle, I had the grand idea to use a white wine glass...it worked perfectly!

The Whipped Cream Biscuits were super easy to make and delicious. The texture was just right, too - they were so light and airy. There wasn't that hint of preservative that the canned biscuits have, either. I went to the Farmer's Market this morning as well...talk about feeling connected with my Southern-ness right now. The Whipped Cream Biscuits are now a staple for the Southern Soens!

3 comments:

  1. Whipping cream biscuits - what a great idea! I've always liked the ones made with butter because the dairy just gives them such a perfect flakey texture. So, I'm totally giving this a try. The cream should do the same thing, and it's such an easy-peasy recipe. Thanks for sharing, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I can't wait to use this on a Sunday afternoon when the weather gets cooler! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete