Friday, August 27, 2010

I dropped it.


Anastasia spoke her first sentence today! Philip and I both heard it - doesn't the Bible say something about two witnesses...Anyway, her first complete sentence with a subject, verb and direct object was, "I dropped it."

We had some (amazing) fried catfish from Lumpkin's, a unique BBQ place here in Jackson. (If you're local, you should check it out!) I peeled off the fried skin and handed the fish to Anastasia. She dropped it on her shirt and Philip said just that. As I went to get pick it off, Anastasia looked down and said, "I dropped it."

Anastasia is very verbose. It's not all intelligable, though. Philip and I joke that she has been practicing so much, she is just going to wake up one day and start speaking complete and understandable sentences. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all the interesting things that are sure to come out of that little mouth now that she's starting to verbalize her thoughts! Thanks for doing such a great job at keeping us posted, Emily.

    ReplyDelete